Sunday, May 24, 2009

Makeing CD Mixes

Making Cd mixes

What will I do with my iPod! Man? Mp3 players have become another part of our body. They are nice, but in a way annoying. Like when you're talking to someone and they can't hear you because they're too busy listening to their music and I'm sure what they are listening to is the kind of music that only they like and how dare anyone else’s listen to it. Anyways You see them all the time. Every one from grandpa to trendy little punk kids walking downtown. I had a hook up in my car. It was a cassette tape with a long cord out of it that you plug into your iPod. Well that broke. I was upset because of course it was a iPod product so it cost me a arm and a leg. When ever I put it into my tape player the thing just makes this awful noise. Well I started to listen to the few CDs I have and have been getting bored with them. So I decided to go a little old school. I made a mix tape. Its not actually a TAPE but it’s the same concept. it’s a mix. It wasn’t just a random group of songs though I really put effort into making a great sounding great flowing cd. I tried to make the songs flow. I started with simple songs that were song by groups with multiple vocals going at the same time. During those songs though they flowed into acoustic music. Very nicely so that you cant really tell that you are listing to a different style music then when you started. After that it goes into more pop-like catchy tunes. Then it flows into some angrier music, continues to morph into slower tunes and ends with a great, dramatic piece of music. I suggest you to try it. Its challenging and fun to make. I’ve listened to mine quite a few times. Here’s the track listing.

Zack’s Mix

The Beach Boys……………..Wouldn’t It Be Nice
The Velvet Underground….White Light/White Heat
Linus Van Pelt……………….I’m Awake Now
Who……………………………Tommy Can you Hear Me?
Belle & Sebastian…………..Get Me Away From Hear
The Kabeedies………………..Lovers Ought To.
Elton John……………………Saturday
Panic At The Disco………….Mad As Rabbits
Reel Big Fish…………………The New Version Of You
Rancid………………………..Journey To The End of East Bay
Kiss Kiss………………………Satellite
Operation Ivy……………….Unity
The Doors……………………Break on Through
Bright Eyes………………….The Calendar Hung Its Self
Yeah Yeah Yeahs……………Gold Lion
Cursive………………………From The Hips
Janis Joplin-…………………Summer Time
James Taylor……………….Sweet Baby James
The Velvet Underground…Pale Blue Eyes
Death Cab For Cutie………..I Will Posses Your Heart
Cursive………………………What Have I Done

Also try making a CD case for it. Designing the cover and back. That was also very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment